Thursday 15 March 2018

VFX TITLE SEQUENCE MAKING


I decided to set myself a day in the library to master the skills and tutorials I had watched in order to make my title sequence. I created a new composition and created a shape layer that would be the loading bar, then a box around it. With the loading bar I added a trim path to it so that I would be able to animate it, then edited the progression of the trim path and added easy ease. In the tutorial it gave an equation for the percentage of the bar to rise, I added the code however the numbers didn't go up at all. So I decided to delete the code and just add my own number when it got to 100%. After this was finished I pre composed the whole composition so I could start the next part of my title sequence. 

This part was the moving DNA piece. This tutorial was very intense and had to be stuck to very very closely, and I managed to do so. I started by creating two shape layers of circles and then duplicating them both to create masks for when they separated. I inverted the alpha matt for them so that when the circles drifted apart it seemed as if a bit of them was missing. I then creating a pole or listed Beam in the images below to create the piece that joined together the DNA. But in order for the circles and beam to keep together, I had to create a null object which was the rotation and parent all the circles and the beam to the null object. Then I keyframed how and where I wanted the rotation to happen and once I was happy with it, I then carefully keyframed so it appeared to come closer in the screen, even though all I did was enlarge the closest circle and decrease the furthest away circle. After I was happy with this then I pre composed this too and duplicated it, added roughen on the second duplicate to create a more motion blur effect then duplicated it some more so I could fill the screen and move them around. Attached below are some screenshots I took whilst working.












I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment