Thursday 15 March 2018

VFX PROPOSAL


I had many ideas when it came to an opening title sequence for vfx. However my skills in after effects aren't as advanced as my mind wants them to be. I originally wanted to do the opening title sequence for My Little Pony, as it is a favourite show of mine, and I like the bright colours and felt it would be nice to work with. However, when talking with Phil he explained how much work I would have to do in order to create a sequence like that, a lot of animation, walk cycles and a lot more. As I have a lot going on in and outside of uni, I decided to work within my skill range in after effects. I learned how to create a neon light, and thought about what programmes had neon in them. I thought of Black Mirror and decided to try that out, I would have to film some live action too. But when it came to the live action filming I was stuck in the snow and I had to try and re create a sunny, hot west coast beach. So that meant I had to change my idea again. I watched quite a few tutorials on YouTube of things within my skill level and do them step by step. I first learned how to create a loading bar. This gave me ideas of TV shows and I decided to pick Humans the Channel 4 series that was really popular. After I had completed the loading bar, I thought of what else was linked to the TV show and DNA is one of them and technology so I watched some mega complex tutorials and tried to push myself and I managed to create DNA that moves around the screen. I am happy with what I have so far, although I am thinking of adding maybe something else on the end.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment