Friday 2 March 2018

DANCE FILM: INSPIRATION (PHOTOGRAPHY)


I feel that any form of media or anything in this world can inspire our work. Weather it be an experience, or a place or piece of work. But I took inspiration from a photographer called Todd Hido. Even though you may not assume any of his work inspires me, I feel that his composition and lighting does. Being a lighting fanatic I am obsessed with his dark, sunset style lighting. Most of his work appears like it is small towns, surrounded by snow and isolated it gives the feeling of isolation and sadness as there is a lot of blue sombre tones to his work. Because he photographs houses a lot in the bleak winter there is often a light on in the house. Some could say there is a light on simply because someone occupies the building, but I think the light has been turned on purposefully to signify a light of hope, or life in a building or event. I feel this could be quite useful in my choreography to try and replicate this sort of feeling in my work. Pictured below are some of his works.






No comments:

Post a Comment