Wednesday 7 March 2018

DANCE FILM: LEARNING AGREEMENT


DESCRIPTION:

This dance piece explores the friction and compromise in relationships through structured choreography. With this piece I aim to display the physical and emotional connection and strain relationships have on each individual, with the dancers never touching, but simply coming close to each other and displaying touch through body language, posture and expression.

RESEARCH:

(TV) AHS coven - one takes 
(TV) Mr Robot - one takes

 (FILM) Wes Anderson - colour palette 
(FILM) Neo Yokio - colour 
(FILM) Her - colour, lighting
(FILM) Moonlight – lighting and colour palette 
(FILM) silver linings playbook 
(FILM) eternal sunshine of a spotless mind 
(FILM) happy together / Wong Kai Wai 

(MUSIC VIDEO)ok go - composition, colour 
(MUSIC VIDEO) sigrid - strangers – set, art direction, colour
(MUSIC VIDEO)idgaf dua lipa – colour, choreography
 (MUSIC VIDEO)wide open / chemical brothers - choreography

(INSTALLATION) james turrel - light and space
(PHOTOGRAPHY) Todd Hido 

CONTEXTUAL UNDERSTANDING:

My work relates to my future goals by developing my exploration of sexuality, relationships, feminism and the female form. Previously I have made work about the objectification of women, sexuality and feminism and I felt this would be a good opportunity to explore similar themes through the medium of dance. I feel my work has similar themes from the likes of Yves Klein and his piece Blue Women Art, as he explored the female form and used paint in a way to choreography their movements. Another example could be a music video for Submotion Orchestra - Kites, where they used flowing material as an interpretation of the female form, and I will be introducing flowing material to symbolise fluidity, sexuality and femininity.

TECHNICAL AND CREATIVE SKILLS:

My technical and creative skills will include: One dance piece, handheld camera work, shoulder rig, gimball, set building, choreography composed by myself, team management with my crew, set design, set building, colour palettes, lights and gels, editing in Avid media composer, colour correction, creation of my own soundtrack.

COMMUNICATION:

I will create extensive call sheets and schedules, and will give a copy of both to my tutor to ensure she knows exactly when and where we are shooting, who is on set, and their contact details. I will set up a google doc with all the pre-productin to ensure that all crew are up to speed with the development on the film. I will hold regular meetings with the crew to make sure they are all happy, on board and are competent in their roles. This piece communicates with the audience by using an aesthetic colour palette of light pastels and soft colours to draw your eye to the piece, then with the choreography it will conceptually engage the audience with flowing movements and dramatic shifts in body language and posture. It will also engage with the audience by displaying that it is a relationship that is flawed and I feel that many people can relate to this weather a romantic relationship or purely platonic.

SELF MANAGEMENT:

I will ensure I am well managed by having regular meetings with my crew about up and coming film dates, what we need to prepare, and what is already done. I will look at the timetable and select my filming dates carefully and make sure that all my crew are available. With this shoot I will of course have schedules and call sheets to make sure we are on track and getting the most out of the time we are shooting. I will make sure that we shoot the dance film at least three weeks before the deadline to allow me to have enough time to edit and, if necessary re shoot anything or make any adjustments. I will make sure that I have all my pre-production with me at all times on shoots and meetings with the crew and with my tutor to ensure that I am giving correct information about our shoot days and can stick to the schedule as accurately as we can.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment