Sunday 25 March 2018

ADVANCED PHOTOG (LIGHT SOURCES)


For one of the tasks we were asked to take photos of five different light sources. At first I was a little stuck as I couldn't think of five, but after having a talk with some friends I realised that there were loads. I wrote down what I wanted my five to be. I knew I wanted candlelight, as I have a lot of candles and felt I could compose the shot nicely. I felt also that maybe not everyone would take a picture of candlelight so it might be a bit refreshing to see. I am happy with this image as I feel the composition is executed well, as is the exposure. Luckily none of the images had to be portraits so that made things a little easier. My second image was daylight. I had taken this picture a while back when I was in my living room drinking tea, so I felt like this was a good one to use. I have edited it a little bit to get rid of some spots on the lenses and make it look a bit cleaner. But know I am happy with the result.The third image I took last winter when I went to a funfair. I feel funfairs at night are always great photo opportunities and am very happy with the result, for a shoot and go sort of shoot I was doing that day, I feel that the composition, exposure and lighting a really well done. My fourth image is a test shot I did in the studio of my friend Nina. We were playing around before any of our models came in and took a few pictures with Nina in the fur. I find this image very beautiful, mainly because of the model but also I feel the lighting, focus and exposure are spot on and I am actually very proud of the photo. Finally, my sunset picture. I took this when I went away last summer to Bristol, we were about to leave the apartment we were staying in when I turned round and saw the way the light hit the sheets and the bed and had to take a photo. This was also the image I chose to print as I felt it would look lovely and textual when printed on satin paper. I am really happy with all these images even if they needed a little work done on them. But having to do some editing on them has expanded my knowledge in Photoshop.


CANDLE LIGHT

DAYLIGHT

NEON LIGHT

STUDIO LIGHT

SUNSET

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment