Thursday 2 March 2017

EXPERIMENTAL SOUND RESEARCH


As I have decided to select the painting Pope Innocent X I wanted to research sounds that could inspire me to create my own experimental soundtrack. In lesson James showed us a classic Lynch film Eraserhead (1997) When watching it I loved it. I loved the atmosphere it created, and the apparent static noise in the background that was so loud but after a while just merged into the background. I enjoyed how uncomfortable, claustrophobic and tense it made you feel. So when recording my sounds I tried to source sounds that could create an atmosphere similar that I could make my own. So I manipulated the sound of running water and squeaking doors to try and create this uneasy atmosphere.

Eraserhead (1997)

I hope you enjoy. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment