Wednesday 18 January 2017

SECOND TEST SHOOT


After doing some more research I decided to get back into experimenting with my pictures and made a list of things I wanted to capture that me and my partner do. The list includes eating, bathing and brushing our teeth together. I decided to have a little play with bathing and see what I could achieve. I  didn't want to reveal too much of myself so I showered and then laid in the bath tub and took some photos. I staged them to try and look candid and I felt i achieved that. I enjoy the intimacy you feel with these photos without having to reveal too much of my skin. Although I am going to adjust the straightness in Photoshop as the camera was at an angle. Here are the photos:

Time

Giggle

I am pleased with how these images came out, I like the exposure and although the framing could have been better I am still happy. I feel these reflect the fun and silly time me and my partner have together, we never take things too seriously.

More research and pictures to come.
I hope you enjoy. Thank you.



2 comments:

  1. yes good exposure, being the subject makes things like focus and composition many more times more difficult to control - especially if you are in the bath! Ask yourself if you could have changed the composition to make it exactly as you would want it what would you change?
    Two artists you might like to look at are Duane Michals heres one link to an interview
    http://bombmagazine.org/article/923/duane-michals

    and Sophie Calle

    Both create images in series and incorporate handwritten text as part of the finished work.

    ReplyDelete