Monday 16 January 2017

PORTRAIT SERIES RESEARCH II


After getting some feedback in my initial research a peer of mine pointed me to another photographer that had a similar style to what I am wanting to achieve. The photographer is Igor Prorrt. After looking at his website I am hooked by his style. With my previous portrait work on the human form he has opened my eyes to a new perception, colour and style. Throughout his collection called 'Betelgeuse' you see his naked self in various different places and positions as well as landscape and it's so beautifully, you can see how much ownership he takes of his body and when viewing the photos you are reminded subconsciously how natural nudity is. There a few photos of him and his partner that are truly beautiful and some self portraits of his I adore. Here are a few that inspired me:


Betelgeuse II

Betelgeuse VI

Betelgeuse VI

Betelgeuse II

Betelgeuse IV

From looking at these photos I feel a lot of peace. I see safety in his own body and exploration with his partner also.The intimacy with him sharing his body with us too I admire and is something I enjoy seeing people feel confident with their own skin. I adore the lighting too something I am endlessly fascinated with. Especially in the second and third picture they draw me in. I feel I can analyse these photos and see what interpretation I could create with my partner, it has certainly given me a few more ideas to go and explore with.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment