Monday 29 January 2018

AVID SESSION II


For our second session of Avid I was grateful I had stopped editing at a good point in the process as it meant I could pick up where I left off. I decided today that I would start working on the credits etc. I did this because I knew it would be something quite time consuming and I thought this was a good chance to complete it with lots of time to spare so I am happy with it. I started out writing down on a piece of paper the order the credits had to come in and what people's roles were in studio shoot. Then I set about making the credits. I am someone who is very selective about fonts, so I did spend quite a while selecting the font I wanted. I knew that I wanted a very clean and minimalist font as whilst the credits come up, I have some B roll footage playing in the background.

Once I had selected my font, typed everyone's names and roles out and selected how long I wanted them to appear on the screen for I felt content with the credits. With this all nicely finished, I went back to editing the bulk of the film. I continued where I left off from the first session and kept building on top of that edit. I felt like I was making good progress. Although lots of the rushes were too shaky or unusable I felt I did well in making an edit with what I had and it still making sense. I had to adjust some clips to be longer or shorter as I was cutting in between them but paying close attention to your edit means that you get smoother transitions and it looks sleek and well put together. This took up the rest of the day as I wanted to get the sequence looking perfect and that I was happy with the order of the clips and things. I felt that this was a good place to stop in the edit. All the sequence complete, now just ready for colour correction and adjusting some audio.
Title Sequence

Title Layering 

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment