Monday 22 January 2018

AVID SESSION I


After studio shoot had wrapped up, it was time to edit. We had some complications on set with the Ninja blade not capturing our footage in the Avid codec. So very very kindly Victoria trans-coded it for us, so it would be all ready for editing on Monday. On Monday morning, we all went into the avid room, logged onto the Nexis with our group log in. Then all of our rushes were mounted and we just need to go into Avid to start. Victoria helped us with setting up ready to edit. As these were shared rushes between the two groups we had to first select all of the rushes then duplicate them, so if we trimmed and effected a clip it wouldn't actually damage the original clip. Once this was all done which didn't take long, I decided to go through the rushes and colour label them if they were worth using or not. As I was going through the rushes colour labelling them, I also renamed them so I could quickly and easily what scene and take it was, or if it was B roll. This took a good few hours as there was so much footage to get through. After I had completed that task, I decided to look at the shooting script and storyboards to familiarise myself with the order again. Although you were allowed to make an edit however you wanted, I wanted to try and do one in order of the story. I started to select my clips for the beginning that I wanted, trimming them down and making sure the audio was okay. I then went about cutting the same scene with different lighting together to make it a little more interesting, I had only done about 45 seconds before the end of the day approached, I felt this was a good place to stop as the more I stare at my work the more I criticise it.


Edit Coming Along

Colour Coded Takes, Scenes and Bad Footage

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment