Wednesday 18 October 2017

INSPIRATION - MAPS AND NETWORKS I


With our maps and networks idea well under way with the pitch fast approaching, we feel we can constantly be inspired throughout our film process. One thing I enjoy about our course is that we are encouraged to find inspiration in every types of media and form of art. Danielle stumbled across an illustration artist online called Kine Andersen. Even though we are doing a moving image piece, Danielle and myself are constantly taking inspiration from everywhere; Tabloids, moving image work, photography and illustration. Attached below are some illustration pieces we were inspired by in terms of their colour pallet, and feminism elements.

BITCH

DISCOVER YOUR FUCKING FLOWER

LOVE YOURSELF

SORRY BABY

I adore illustration work anyway, as I am fascinated by the colour pallet people use and the simple line drawings. So I tried to find some illustration work that related to what our piece was about. Danielle came across this artist, who does simple line drawings and liberates women in their own bodies without sexualising them. I am always a fan of work like this as I feel men would find it hard to make art liberating women without exploiting them or offending them. I adore the liberation in these illustrations and how much power the women have in them. I am all for seeing strong women standing powerful and in control, and I feel these illustrations are a great example. Even though we are not doing an illustration or animation piece, I feel this is good inspiration for colour and potential framing for shots in my piece.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment