Tuesday 10 October 2017

ARTIST RESEARCH - BRYAN M FERGUSON


This summer I have been trying to expand my knowledge on artists as I didn't have any time to be creative. I am forever obsessed with artists colour pallets that are pastel, or bright and intense. I have recently been getting back into film photography and the look and feel from film photography you can get is a lot different to digital. I have often found that different film such as portra 400 gives a different look to superia 400. The colour pallets are so varied yet so encapsulating.

This leads me on to my artist research. In class, a classmate showed us an artist and his video work. His video work was bizarre, beautiful, obscure and truly different. He produces lots of short films that seemingly have no correlation to each other. Curious with his work I researched more. I found his website and discovered that he also did photography work. They are just as beautiful as his video work. Underneath I have attached some images:

WRAPPED IN PLASTIC

HIS FEARFUL SYMMETRY 


DR. MONSTER

VULGARIUM

The colour pallet in these images are incredible, I love them being so vibrant and colourful. I am unsure of if they are film photography or not. I enjoy the framing, exposure and composition. I would love to try something similar with gels in a studio. Although I would question what the meaning of these images, but like these images they may not need to have any meaning.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment