Friday 25 November 2016

FINAL PORTRAIT SELECTION


I decided to re shoot my original self portraits, however the results weren't as good as I wanted them to be. So I decided to work with what I had.

Equipment:
Nikon D90
Nikon 50mm lens

I decided to use the photo I felt represented my identity the most, which I thought was the picture displayed below.
Lines


I just enjoy this piece a lot, I like the framing, depth of field, colour and lighting a lot. I feel it represents me as a person in a lot of ways. Exposing myself to the camera, I am constantly having to scrutinize my own body. But through doing that I began to appreciate what I have been given as a person.

I have always found it hard to identify myself exactly as a person, as I feel everyone does. But I am just trying to not put myself in a box by labelling myself, rather just embracing what I like and don't like, then figuring it out from there. However, I have drawn on previous experiences and tried to reflect them through my photograph. Through this piece of work I have gone on a personal journey of discovery, to realise within myself that you don't have to let the things you have been through define you, but rather leave them in the past and learn that you are more than the struggles you have been through, and don't be afraid to embrace it and be proud that you survived,  I hope I have displayed this to you.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment