Thursday 3 May 2018

GRAD SHOW: CREWING FOR TJ


I sure have been busy these last two terms, and when TJ asked me to gaffer for his grad film I had to say yes. We had many meetings as a crew to discuss the upcoming shoot and looked through all the pre production. It was super thorough, and so instantly I knew what TJ wanted me to do. Myself and TJ had meetings to talk lighting, gels, colour, equipment and pre lights so I was all up to speed with everything that was needed of me. We arranged a pre light and I felt that helped a lot and reassured us both that we could do it. We had four shoot days which seemed like a lot, but they were super crammed on the day, yet still a lot of fun. I feel it went well the whole shoot, despite the fact that lots of the equipment was faulty or broken, but we managed to resolve it all. I feel that I did my job well as a gaffer and gave TJ what he wanted, he seemed pleased with the lighting outcome so that was reassuring. I tried my best to keep the lighting as similar as possible when I had to change the lights around. There were a few difficulties as the space on the third and fourth day was super cramped, so some of the lighting doesn't match up as nicely as I wanted. But it isn't unfix able in post production colour grading. 

After the shoot was over, TJ asked me if I would like to edit and I said yes of course because it was a great opportunity and felt like I was up to the task. However I got a week into it and had to go to hospital with heart problems relating to stress and felt that maybe I had taken on too much in one term. So after discussion TJ handed the edit over to Nina and Rufaro. I am dissapointed in myself that I couldn't see the edit the whole way through but if I had continued then I know I would have made myself more ill. Overall I enjoyed working on this shoot so much and love helping others and getting stuck in doing what I love, and I can't wait to see the final piece. Below are only a few images I took, there will be some more BTS coming as Preston took those pictures. 




I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment