Saturday 18 November 2017

STUDIO SHOOT: LIGHTING MOOD BOARDS


With our studio shoot there will be a usage of red gels throughout some of the last scenes. So I decided to do a sort of mood board of films I had seen that had great lighting, red gels or just the warm colours we want in our production. In a previous post I attached more inspiration into the warm colour work that I was inspired by. So this Mood board is mainly for red gel works.



Amelie 2001

The Neon Demon 2016

Moonlight 2017

In the Mood for Love 2000

In the Mood for Love 2000

The Royal Tenenbaums 2001

The Grand Budapest Hotel 2014

The Grand Budapest Hotel 2014

In these images I find something inspiring or intriguing about the element of light and gel use. I want to be able to create believable lighting effectively, to ensure the set looks believable for a home environment. Also I would like to be able to do theatrical lighting, spot lights and work on my use of gels. Which I have the pleasure to be working the gels on the studio shoot. I have been watching all of these films and trying to take notes on what sort of lighting they are using in frame, and what lighting I reckon is outside the frame. 

I hope you enjoy. Thank you. 


1 comment:

  1. Good research Alice -i would be interested to hear your analysis of what kind of light is being used in the above fames and where it is coming from in terms of direction and angle. As we discussed the colour is a matter of putting the right gel over the light. The skill comes from creating right quality of light from your source and employing it to create a composition of light and shadow within the frame.

    ReplyDelete