Monday 20 February 2017

THIRD TEST SHOOT


To wrap up my series ready for printing I decided to do one last shoot. For this shoot I had more of an aim than with the others, as I wanted a picture of me and my partner together, as I have selected two photos already one of each of us, I decided we needed a photo together to create a link to the two individual photos of us. I wrote down a list of scenarios I wanted to explore and create so we set aside a morning to try and complete them when the lighting was just how I wanted it.

In the first scenario I wanted us to be together doing something we enjoy together which is brushing our teeth. So we set the camera up in a few different ways and here are the results:



Clean

Mint

The first photo 'Clean' I took inspiration from my initial portrait research as they took a photo in a mirror together and it really worked. In the photo it still felt candid even though it was making you aware the camera was involved. So I tried to make that idea my own. I quite like it, I like the framing and the lighting a lot. I still feel it appears candid without the camera intruding on the intimacy. My only negative is that the mirror was still fogged up so it isn't as clear as I would have liked, but I could avoid this next time by waiting until it was clear. The second photo 'Mint' is probably my favourite. After me and my partner brush our teeth we like to kiss, it's something we have always done and just feels intimate. Again I can appreciate the lighting and framing, although I would like to possibly straighten the image as the camera was balancing on a towel rail. 

In my second scenario I wanted to capture our intimacy skin to skin without it being sexual. We enjoy just holding each other and it feeling so special without any sexual connotations to any of it. I wanted to try and see how we could create this by experimenting. Here are the results:





Touch

Stripe

Minute 

With the photo 'Touch' I wanted to capture the feeling of skin on skin when we lay together, it's such a relaxing and safe feeling. However when I first started this process I didn't want any of our tattoos being in the photos as I feel it directs the focus to them instead of the photo. Thus I am disappointed in the way I framed that on that image and should have taken more time to set the framing up right. The second image 'Stripe' I really like, I feel the exposure is just right and I enjoy the framing as it is very central but doesn't give away our faces. Even though all these pictures are set up, I still feel they appear candid. As for the last photo I thought it would be nice if we had a little more of our faces in, again I can appreciate the exposure, however the back drop I don't enjoy as much because I had to zoom out to get our faces in, and then allowing my chest of draws in shot. But maybe that is something I can adjust in PhotoShop or work on in the future with my framing. 

I hope you enjoy. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment