Friday 10 February 2017

EXPERIMENTAL SOUND DESIGN


For our experimental sound project, we have been asked to create a soundtrack between 30 seconds to 1 minute inspired by a piece of artwork. We were given 8 to choose from and I decided to choose Francis Bacon's Portrait of Pope Innocent X. I like this piece a lot and enjoy Bacon's work so I thought it would be a good idea for me to choose this. When looking at the piece I decided to think of sounds that I could record and manipulate in Adobe Audition. I created a short list and will add to it as I record this weekend:

  • Washing machine 
  • Microwave
  • Squeaky doors 
  • Cupboard doors slamming
  • Dog barking



Portrait of Pope Innocent X

I shall record sounds this weekend and start my own Adobe Audition project to start creating my soundtrack. I hope to have a nearly finished piece by the end of the week for a tutorial with James.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment