Tuesday 27 February 2018

VFX INSPIRATION MOOD BOARD


For VFX I have been thinking for a long time what I wanted my title sequence to be. At first I wanted something colourful and fun such as My Little Pony or Hello Kitty, but that would require a lot of advanced skills to make the 2D characters 3D and a lot of effects that I am not quite competent enough to use yet. So I decided to have a look at some interesting tutorials on After Effects and text in After Effects and came across a neon sign tutorial. After completing the tutorial I felt that this was quite achievable for me to do and that I should find a way to incorporate it somehow into my work. So I had a look at TV shows or films that had used neon lights and remembered the Black Mirror episode San Junipero and remembered the neon lights in that episode. In the bar that thee girls both meet the neon sign in the background is pink and blue and very striking as the light falls on their faces. The later in the episode when they kiss on the beach they are wearing pink and blue as a running colour scheme. So I think I am going to use this throughout my live action filming and my animation work on After Effects. Pictured below are some abstractions from the episode and some mood boards and colour schemes/swatches.




pink and blue colour scheme

neon sign at the bar 
colour palette swatch

another colour scheme 

the two running colours in neon
blue swatch

pink swatch

I hope you enjoy. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment