Tuesday 4 April 2017

MULTI SCREEN MOVING IMAGE PORTRAITS (PROGRESSION)


After experimenting with the skills I have learned through the After Effects workshops, I created the look I wanted from my original multi screen idea. My idea is to have two screens of either me or someone else, and mask out their stomach on one screen, and mask out their face on the other. After this I will film clips I want to play through the face and stomach to create how I feel whilst being on my phone. This links with the brief by demonstrating my connection with the digital world. Below are some photos of how I explored this today. It is in the early stages so I haven't filmed anything so all the footage I used was previous work of mine.



As you can see, I imported an image into my new composite and create a circle mask using the shape tool, I then subtracted the mask so the image remained and the mask got rid of the photo. This then allowed me to import a video file and place it in the background, where it was visible through the mask I had just created. Of course this is still early days so isn't as precise as I would want it to be, this is just experimentation.



As for these images I did the same as the top image but created the mask lower, as I don't have a picture with someone's stomach in shot I just used the same image and moved the mask to demonstrate my thought process. However, when I do film my footage I shall ensure that I frame the screens to how I want so I can have the stomach in shot. 

The two screens will link by showing me do similar things but displaying through my head and my stomach how I feel. I find being on the phone weather it is texting or ringing someone quite stressful and makes me very anxious as I don't want to speak to people quite often, I like to be alone sometimes. So showing me text, with what is going on in my head on the screen, and showing me on the phone with what I feel in my stomach is a visual way of me trying to explain the anxiety I feel with digital technology and the digital world. I have chosen to do this subject as a creative way to express my frustration I have with my anxiety, and possibly choosing to express it in a creative way may ease some of the tension I feel. 

I hope you enjoy. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment